Tuesday, February 14, 2012

DIY Pancake Breakfast


It was an early start to the day to prepare these sweet little stacks of pancakes for the kids, but every bit worth seeing their reaction when they walked into the kitchen.  While working on the other plays on words I thought about so many types of foods or treats that could have little phrases to go with  and this is the one that first came to mind for pancakes.

After designing and printing out the tags on card stock, I punched them using my trusty 2" round punch and then mounted them to a popsicle stick with a glue dot.  Come breakfast time I divided the batter into 2 bowls and added gel food colour to get a rosey pink for one bowl.  Into the skillet in small dollar size rounds and piled high, I served them alternately with the original pancakes dripping with maple syrup and mini heart quinns (sprinkles.)  I stuck in a topper into each short stack and served them up to start off their special day!



Happy Valentines Day! Hope Your day is as sweet as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment