Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Different Kind of Baking

I can't believe it's already October, and my first major craft show of the year is in less than THREE WEEKS!  Needless to say I have been baking my heart out - but of tantilizing eye candy of a different nature...

polymer clay festive ornaments. 



(Okay...so these ones aren't so festive, but I love them!)

I think it's been about 15 years (or more!) since I started playing with this clay and each year I would sign up for a few craft shows to market my creations. Last year was the first time I went to a grander scheme of things to do a multi-day sale, plus the regular one offs! 

Yes! I am a kook! What was I thinking?  What was I thinking GOING BACK this year for round two?  So now I am making and baking frantically new ornaments for my 2010 collection (and quite possibly my final collection). 

Snowmen, penguins, angels, gingerbread, sugar plum fairies, bears, cats, dogs - it's all starting to sound like Noah's ark to me!  It has been difficult to get motivated though with no snow. The one clearly visible suggestion that winter and Christmas are both coming.


(Meet Puffy Penguin)


But first, I must make it past The Scattered Seeds 3 Day Blitz, followed by a frantic attempt at a party for my son's 4th birthday and preferably before halloween. Otherwise, the whole Halloween kit from PaperGlitter just won't have the same effect.

Cupcakes, cookies, glitter,  oh my!


No comments:

Post a Comment