Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ladybird Love



I have returned from the abyss...spring the past three years has been filled with loss and I this year was full of reflection and tears remembering those that have gone before me.  * Sigh*  In amidst these feelings I truly felt lost and was not in the mood to bake anything...not cookies...not cake...not clay.

Then, out of the blue I got a message from a gal that requested a custom cake topper for her wedding (like two years ago).  Her good friend was getting married, and she too was looking for someone to bring to life her darling sketch of ladybugs in love.  I figured, why not.  Time to turn my slump around.

Lots of emails back and forth, a Bride's vision...and a little creative flare.  Seven hours later of sculpting and baking, her loving ladybirds were the real deal.  After photographing her blushing couple, I got butterflies in my stomach when getting ready to do the reveal.  I was so nervous that my hard work would back fire.



Luckily, to my pleasure she L-O-V-E-D them, ah......breath relief here.  Her kind comments gave me fresh breath and life, reassurance that what I used to love doing  was and is indeed for all the right reasons. Bringing simple pleasure to total strangers, some smiles and memories for years to come.



Thank-you Elyse for reinstilling in me my faith for my craft,
 that there is a place and a purpose for what I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment